Thank you for taking the time to find out a little more about the heartbeat of the Onceuponacross website. My name is Cameron Buettel and I am the author of this website. I am an Australian who is married to a beautiful Danish woman and have three young children. I work as a self supported missionary in Denmark and am employed as an electrician. Though employed in my trade, my major labor is in the areas of itinerant preaching and evangelism training where I have had the great priveledge of being personally trained by
Ray Comfort and Kirk Cameron (from the ministry
"The Way of the Master"). You can view some of
my videos and audios here which include TV
interviews, radio interviews, open air preaching,
witnessing encounters, and itinerant preaching. I
am available should you wish to invite me as a
speaker or trainer.
In Februry 2007 our whole family relocated from
Brisbane, Australia to the north of Denmark where
my wife comes from. Arriving in Denmark I found out that the physical climate is not the only difference. Though the church culture in Australia was nothing to brag about, coming to Europe has been like standing in the ruins of the Reformation. Being wonderfully impacted by the teachings of Luther, Calvin, and Huss it has been surreal to see the heritage of these men virtually unknown in their heartlands. The churches in Denmark are small in size (I am told that less than one percent of all Danes attend a church) and of this remnant few preach the biblical Gospel that was revived here 500 years ago by the reformers.
This website is dedicated to being a part of a new reformation in Europe and other western lands. The last century has seen the rise of a consumer driven mentality coming out of American churches. Sadly, many vibrant churches in Europe have bought into this in the hope of boosting attendances. We see the result of this today with a genuine lack of clear, biblically sound, and cross centred preaching eminating from pulpits around Europe. Unless Christians rise up and start preaching the biblical Gospel in the pulpits, marketplaces, and street corners, then the average European will continue to drown in the hellbound train of affluence and apathy. The faithful preachers (of which there are still many) in the USA and abroad rarely gain global exposure due to the pragmatic attitudes of Christian leaders concerned with church size and whatever the latest trend is. I see this as a huge need and ultimately hope to help fill this void with theologically sound teaching/preaching resources in multiple European languages.
This website is for Christians from all over the world but my main aim is to provide something of biblical substance to Europeans who hunger to see the "once for all delivered" Gospel thundered from pulpits once again in Europe. This website is focussed on providing the following:
1. A biblically accurate presentation of the Gospel of Jesus Christ for those who are not "born again".
2. Messages designed to help professing Christian's "examine themselves to see that they are in the faith".
3. Training materials and videos designed to teach professing Christians how to share the Gospel with the "lost" clearly, faithfully, biblically, simply, and accurately.
4. A faith statement containing essential Christian doctrine.
5. Resources and materials that train Christians how to exercise a biblical worldview (many churches here have been greatly influenced by decades of secular humanist thinking).
6. Powerful sermons in text, audio, and video formats to inspire, teach, and equip.
7. Solid Gospel proclamations in different European languages.
8. Answers to troubling theological questions.
9. A directory of links to websites that provide the best Christian materials in their area of expertise.
10. A blog dealing with current Christian issues.
I hope you will take the time to look around and find some helpful information and/or materials. Feel free to e-mail if you want to ask any questions or give any feedback at email@example.com